Saturday, May 1, 2010

Magnificent Rose Windows & Italian Gelato in Paris - Tuesday, 27th April 2010



This morning Asha and I walked down to the Crypte Archeologique which is under the square in front of Notre Dame. It displays in situ the remains of structures built during the Gallo-Roman period dating back to the first Century. It was interesting but not necessarily a definite must see!

I was then left to my own devices and took a wander through Notre Dame. It’s still as beautiful and mind bogglingly huge as ever. The ten metre wide rose windows are always a pretty sight to behold. At one little area I lit candles to honour the memory of some loved ones who have passed and to wish good health and happiness for Pete and Mishka.

My next stop was for a spot of lunch and a tipple of wine at a lovely sun drenched café. Then I was off to buy some macaroons, print tour vouchers at an internet café, buy prints of Paris and then take a break again with two scoops of Amorino Italiano Gelato – Yum!

Then I did some grocery shopping, which of course included a bottle of bubbly! By that time my feet were killing me. I’d worn my beautiful new heals which are fabulously comfortable – just not after 5½ hours of walking and one sixer on the cobbled footpaths! So home, to re-energise, for me.

OMG - I’ve just had one of the macaroons which is a salted Caramel flavour and it is absolutely divine – so yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment