Saturday, May 1, 2010

A City of Beauty and Dancing Queens - Wednesday, 28th April 2010


I spent much of this morning on the Left Bank, specifically the Latin Quarter just looking around and enjoying the cafes.

In the afternoon I revisited Champs-Elysees. It still astounds me how many men, without hesitation, approach you on the street to tell you how beautiful they think you are and then offer to buy you a drink. And when you politely decline, they accept your answer, wish you a lovely day and leave you to be. The cynics can say what they want, but I think it’s lovely and it’s just a shame it doesn’t happen in Australia.

In the evening I went to the Lido on Champs-Elysees, founded at the close of WWII, and saw the famed Bluebell Girls and Lido Boy Dancers. It was a great show with many similarities to Moulin Rouge, but also with very distinct differences. I really enjoyed it.

The show finished at 11.15 pm and one of the waiters had told me about a club close by called Queen. I discovered that it was a Gay club until 11.30 pm at which time it turned into Ladies night. So I went and had a wine and chatted with some locals and other tourists before making my way back to Queen.

Being Ladies night meant that I was able to enter for free (rather than pay the 10 Euros) and inside it was awesome. The clubs in Paris are huge, packed and fantastic, regardless of the day of the week. I think I could easily live here!! So I danced the night away until 3 am then it was good night from me! On my way home I was approached and asked if I wanted some Hashish or Cocaine! What can’t you get here???

No comments:

Post a Comment