Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In Search of Bloody Internet AC Adaptors and Dreamy Lemon Meringue - Monday, 19th April 2010


This morning my knee still hurt a little so a stroll instead through the Louvre! It’s such a magnificent building and its right across the road!

After our walk and breakfast Asha and I ventured out for a walk around the streets of Paris and a spot of shopping!

Then home for the internet guy to come and fix the allegedly broken internet connection, prearranged by the owner. It then all went down hill from there!!

According to these very helpful chaps, the problem with the apartment’s Internet connection was the AC adaptor which needed to be replaced. So, determined to have internet access after lugging my laptop all the way over here – I went out to buy one. Evidently not such an easy task! I was given the name of two shops to buy one from so I went to the street of the first shop address and walked down one side and then the other, but no shop in sight, anywhere!! I asked some people handing out brochures out the front of a Blackberry/electronic looking shop and the girl I spoke to was so helpful. She walked around with me trying to help me find the shop, but still to no avail, however I was so very grateful for her help and I enjoyed meeting and talking with her. She was so nice and friendly. Anyway, as it turned out, the shop I had been looking for was only 20 metres from where we’d started but it was downstairs under the street on the way to the metro. Doh! They couldn’t help me and neither could the next three electronics ships I found with the replacement of this evidently outdated AC Adaptor. Double Doh!

I was very exhausted and emotional by this stage after my 3 hour unsuccessful trek, so I met up with Asha at our local café for dinner and bubbly! Bubbles can fix anything! On the way home from dinner I picked up some lemon meringue pie - and it was wow! It was so amazingly light and yummo. Unlike the lemon meringue you usually find in Australia which has too strong a flavour, this lemon meringue was subtle in flavour and very delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment