Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fabulous Shoes and Exquisite Art - Wednesday, 21st April 2010


It’s cold today and we’re expecting a maximum of 14 degrees – Brrr!

This morning saw me take the metro to Montmartre to find my favourite shoes because they are the nicest I’ve seen so far, and to of course make a purchase - and voila! I love them. I’ve decided that I’m not buying anything unless it’s Paris Love – and these are Paris Love. Paris Love is very exciting!

The afternoon was spent wandering the streets nearby the apartment and discovering little gems of shops along the way, including a Parisian vintage shop where I picked up a perfect fitting dress by one of my favourite French clothing designers –'Morgans’ - it’s greache! So exciting and quite a lovely little find!

At 6.30 pm I went to the Louvre where I only had to queue for 10 minutes. Having been before I thought I knew what to expect and did not anticipate that I’d still gasp with amazement to the degree I did. The Louvre is such an amazing awe inspiring museum. I visited one of the three wings tonight – The Denon Wing and experienced the utmost delight as I made my way along each amazing Salon. The sheer scale of some of the artwork is completely amazing. But sadly the light was beginning to fade so I left for now, but will return again soon.

As I walked back through the grounds some buskers were playing Avé Maria on a clarinet and cello. It sounded beautiful and a perfect way to end another wonderful Parisian day.

No comments:

Post a Comment