Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Going ‘Greenie’ and OMG its Tiffany’s! - Tuesday, 20th April 2010


Wow – what a day!

After such a frustrating afternoon yesterday I decided to stay in this morning and re-group my thoughts!

I commenced with devising some sort of plan to ensure that I can squeeze in everything that I want to see and do whilst over here – so much to do and so little time! It’s exhausting being me sometimes!!

Then I thought I’d play ‘greenie’ and see what exactly the situation was with the Internet AC adaptor I’m meant to purchase. I learnt in the process that different devices have different Amp inputs and outputs. And then – another Paris Miracle – somehow I manage to get the apartment internet connection working – hallelujah! Despite referring to myself as an analogue girl in a digital world, I actually can’t live without my internet connection or Google!! So after a check of my e-mails and a chat with Pete via Skype I was happy again! Such a relief!

Then it was time to go out. On my way to Boulevard Haussmann via a bag shop – another Paris miracle happened - I stumbled across Tiffany & Co! So, of course I went in, and of course I found something to buy. Well actually, I found several nice pieces to buy. Now I just have to decide which one(s)???

Next it was up to Musée Jacquemart-andre. Too late to go in so Asha and I went into the Salon de Thé which is the former dining room of the home and is considered one the most beautiful cafés in the city. I enjoyed a menthe tea and a huge slice of rose flavoured macaroon - delicious! We then walked back home via shoe shops, perfumeries and of course Tiffany’s – so hard to decide which item to buy!

We got Italian takeaway for dinner and spent the night in. As I type the church bells are ringing and they sound really lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment