Thursday, July 19, 2012

Off to Paris Again! - Sunday, 29th April 2012

Today my journey to continue my love affair with Paris began at 6.30 am. My friend Di, who was going to Sydney for the day for her son’s hockey games, kindly offered to drop me at the airport, which I am very grateful to her for. I am going to Paris with my lovely friend Kelli Lunt and I excitedly met her in the Sydney Airport Qantas Club. We’d booked out tickets using frequent flyer points which meant that we had to fly to Melbourne to depart from the international airport down there. So now if Qantas randomly decide to change the frequent flyer points system, we’ve already benefited from all our points with a glamorous trip to Paris! Unfortunately our flight from Melbourne to Heathrow was delayed by an hour due to mechanical issues and as you are about to read this was the beginning of something bigger to come! Our flight to Heathrow, with the briefest of stopovers in Singapore, went smoothly enough except for another delay to our departure due to the need for the airport staff to source special handling equipment to help a 150 kg passenger off the plane. Can you believe they actually told us this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment