Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fabulous French Shopping and a night of Italian Fun - Friday, 4th May 2012

I’m meant to be on holidays for a rest after a full on year, but it’s been non-stop since we arrived in Paris.  This morning I enjoyed a lazy morning and didn’t leave the apartment until 11 am after deciding that all I’d do today was shop, eat and read. 

Today Kelli was off to Monet’s House at Giverny and my first stop were the shops of St Germain.  I bought dresses and then ventured over the river to buy shoes from Galleries La Fayette.  I also bought my beautiful niece, who is also my Goddaughter, her first Birthday present from Tiffany’s!  I’m so excited and I can’t wait to give it to her (and her MumJ )

I dropped my bags off at home and then went for and hour stroll around the block and to buy stamps at the post office.  I’m trying to ween myself off my addiction of sending so many post cards.  So I’m sorry if you didn’t receive one this time around.

I received a text from Australia during my walk which made me smile lots and just afterward whilst still smiling I was stopped by a French man who admired my smile!  His name was Sami and he’s a policeman and he offered me some chocolates which he’s just bought around the corner from Chocolaterie Georges Larnicol (Maison Georges LARNICOL). I thanked him and bid my farewell and continued to smile my way home.

Then it was time to enjoy a fresh baguette for lunch with half a black forest torte and a layered fresh strawberry and sponge torte.  They were both so light and flavoursome and wonderful.  Now that late lunch is done (it’s now 3.45 pm) time for a read!

At 7 pm Kelli and I went downstairs for Italian.  The restaurant was quite full with lots of little square tables joined together to form one long table.  Kelli and I were seated across from one another next to a retired couple from Kansas.  It was an amazing night.  The restaurant staff were so much fun and regularly engaged with the dinners.  The couple next to us were both retired professors and just such lovely people.  The food and wine was absolutely divine and bursting with flavour.  We both had a lot of fun and really enjoyed our local dining experience.  By this stage it was quite late and we were tired and content!  We finished the night with an ice-cream from Amorino.  Ahhh this is the life!




No comments:

Post a Comment